Saturday, May 11, 2013

Putting on the Full Armour of God


Day to day events, for most people, can get hectic. Not allowing time for the necessary things you need to do in your everyday life. The world it seems is full of distractions, and the devil will give it all he's got to try and divide our minds. Taking our focus off those things that are truly important.
Each day, (even when we are crazy busy) I give God his time. He's number one! When things are right with him, they are right with everything else. (Thank you Lord) I make sure I take care of Me. Bible read, rest, vitamins, all meds taken, healthy foods ,and yes, an occasional Keebler Chocolate Mint cookie. YUM! (just because) Then there's my sweet hubby, my baby girl's, and that nutty family of mine. I have my prayer list, I try and add to daily. I will admit, I'm by NO means perfect. I forget that list often, but I am trying, day by day, to add all these things into a regular routine. Eating healthy hasn't always been a high priority in my life, but is a major one now. Funny how the things that are truly important change as we age.

I've started something new. I WISH I'd done this years ago, but we learn everyday, don't we!  Each morning before I get out of bed, I go from head to toe putting on the full armour of God! If the full armor of God has always baffled you, I highly recommend Dr. Charles Stanley's daily bible study, under audio archive, April 29,2013 "Dressing For The Battle". There is more than one part to it, and it explains in depth, not just what it means, but what to do with it, and what it is for in YOUR life.
(artwork by Nadene from practicalpages.wordpress)

Putting on the Full armor of God includes:

1. The girdle of truth. Which simply means, knowing who YOU are in Christ. (Not sure? See my blog called "Am I special? ARE YOU EVER!")  

2. The breastplate of righteousness. This breastplate protects your emotions. It helps you to respond to circumstances and people with truth, through the spirit, instead of allowing your emotions, and how you "feel" to rule.

3. Feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. These are your sandals. They are strong shoes! These sandals allow you to be used by God to bring peace to those that need it.  They help make your life an expression of God's peace. Where you find strife, God, within you, will create peace. You thought it would be cool to have your own pair of super hero shoes? Let me tell you, these shoes will be the best pair of shoes you've ever had on your feet!  (And what girl doesn't like new shoes)

4. Take up the shield of faith.  The shield of faith protects you from the fiery darts that the devil throws at you.  Your trust in the Lord, through faith, and not of yourself, is sufficient to protect you.

5. The Helmet of salvation.   Protects your mind. Helps you in your thinking, and helps you to be Christ minded. Helps keep out the things that you don't need to be thinking about, the things the devil tries to fill your mind with, and uses to divide your mind.

6. The Sword of the spirit.  This is the word of God. Gods truth. It is both offensive and defensive. Offensive, the word of God, your message, use it to share the truth with those in need of it. Defensive, used when Satan attacks you, use the truth of Gods word to stop him in his tracks.

Now, go forth, and dress for battle people!  Remember, He who is in you, is mightier than he who is of this world!  Being filled with the Holy Spirit is an amazing gift from God! One you received when you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior!

God Bless You All, Auntie Aimes

Not saved? (or want to know more?)  The Lord loves you, and he wants good things for his children. The very best actually. What else would THE Almighty give? He desires that no one be lost.

 If you've never accepted Christ and would like to, just pray this prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father,
I ask you to forgive me of my sins, and come into my heart. I believe that you sent your only son to die on the cross to save me of my sins. I believe that on the third day Jesus arose. I know that he ascended into heaven Lord, to sit at your right hand.  I surrender my life to you, and I trust in you. Thank you Lord!  Amen

If you want to know more, please email me at muralsbyamy@yahoo.com. I recommend www.intouch.org which is Dr. Charles Stanley's site.  There are many other resources as well.  Its important to get into a good bible based church. To be around fellow Christians who will help you grow as a child of God. There for support, love, and prayer.
If you would like prayer, please drop me a line.
muralsbyamy@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting and leaving a comment!

Follow by Email