Saturday, March 22, 2014

Broken is Just The Beginning Of a Marvelous Thing


Broken. It could be lots of things. Your stove, car, or maybe that new phone you got for Christmas. It could even be your body.  I can say, without a doubt, my life has seen its fair share of broken. We've lost family and a job, been ill, suffered hardships, vehicle problems, how will we pay this months rent, or where is supper coming from? Sound familiar?  I thought so. 

In one form or another, we've all experienced brokenness.  One day after asking God "How much more Lord must I endure?", it hit me.  How can God show me how he works, if I don't have anything broken and in need of repair?  Slowly, one day at a time, I started praying through those broken things. One day at a time I'd ask God "Why is this broken, and what are you trying to teach me?" One day at a time, things were being mended. God was showing me why certain things needed to be broken before He would take me where he wanted me. One day at a time I learned how awesome God is, and how marvelous his mending is! One day at a time I was seeing just what God could do with broken, if I just turned it over to him and let him handle it! 

What is broken in your life? How awesome our Lord and Savior is who goes before us in ALL things! How wonderful that he loves us and wants the best for us in ALL things! How amazing that He wants to take those broken things and show you what HE can do!


Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.


So, next time somethings breaks, smile! Close your eyes, thank the Lord, and ask him to show you His plan for your life, and what great things he can do with whatever is broken! 

Just remember to give him ALL the pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting and leaving a comment!

Follow by Email