Friday, January 4, 2013

Lit Up Like A Christmas Tree

      No, I've not been sippin' on the eggnog.... I am just Holy Ghost filled, and therefore my light is shining bright! I listen to Dr. Charles Stanley every morning via his web site.. www.intouch.org  Have I always? No. I let this world get up in my head. I let the things of this world cloud me, to the point where I couldn't see or hear.  Here's a bit of what I learned this morning.

   

 Did you know that as a believer, if you shy away from God you can lose your light?

     Revelations 2:5 says: Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

     Sometimes, we get busy. Things get in the way. Hey.. Life happens!  Where are you in your christian walk? Do you have a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior? Are you a believer, but have let the hectic things of this world make you so fogged up you can't see? God wants us to be close to him. He needs to hear from us. He wants to talk to you daily. He wants us to crave digging into his word to have a better relationship with him, to be closer to him. Sometimes when we allow things around us to get in the way of our relationship with God we end up looking like a black smokey burned out bulb, instead of the bright shiny light he wants us to be! So how do we get our light back? By asking for forgiveness ( repenting ). God will never put more on us than we can bare. The same is true of our walk with him, in that he will not put a schedule on us so heavy that we don't have time with him. Time to get into his word and know him better. If you have a schedule that doesn't allow time for God, know that isn't his will for your life.  You also need to REMEMBER.. Do you remember when you were first saved? That spark you had. That need to get into his word and learn more. That time where you couldn't stand to miss church, cause you just KNEW that days message was going to be just for YOU!  Jesus Christ was your first love! Go back to him.  He misses you.

     I promised God last year I would spend the rest of my days getting to know him better, and have a closer relationship with him. I do this by listening to Dr. Charles Stanley in the morning and reading my bible at night before bed.  This is my time with Him. Have I missed some time. YES.. I am by no means perfect. I found that kneeling down to pray and telling God about my promise to know him better helped. It helped me feel more responsible for keeping that promise. God knows we will fall down, but he expects us to get back up.  I rarely ever miss my morning time, it is something I've made into a habit, so it is routine, and I yearn for this time! I am still tweaking my bedtime bible study to a time that is more quiet, where I wont be interrupted or have things going on around me that will remove my focus off of Him. The point is I am reaching out to my Lord and Savior, yearning to know him better.


God knows our needs. FOCUS your eye upon Him, and let him handle the rest!

God Bless You,
Auntie Aimes
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting and leaving a comment!